This is the home page for WMO CAP courses and resources. Begin here to decide which CAP courses and resources are right for you.
This non-technical course is for all managers, administrators, and staff that need to learn more about CAP. This course is a prerequisite before taking any of the other CAP courses. It provides:
- Reasons for implementing CAP
- An introduction to the technology used to generate CAP alerts
- Introduces several examples of CAP tools and applications
This non-technical course is for all managers, administrators, and staff that are responsible for implementing Common Alerting Protocol alerts. It provides guidelines for drafting an implementation plan.
This course is for all forecasters and staff that are responsible for issuing Common Alerting Protocol alerts and developing CAP alert applications. It provides:
- Details on the structure of CAP alert messages
- Highlights key CAP alert message fields used for triggering warning events
- Practice editing and publishing CAP alerts using an online authoring tool, CAP AlertEditor
This collection of resources provides IT and communications staff guidance on setting up the software used for issuing CAP alerts and assuring that alerts meet CAP standards.
As a collection of resources, this is a not a course, no badges or certificates of completion are issued.