Final Writing Assignment Choice

Final Assignment

Final Assignment

by Parmod Kumar -
Number of replies: 3

1. Parmod Kumar
    2. Functions of Flood Management-I Directorate of Central Water Commission.
    3. Option A
    4. In this assignment, I will discuss the functions of Flood Management-I, one of the most important directorate of Central Water Commission, Min. of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Govt. of India. Further the data needed and other improvements that can be done to do work more efficiently in this  directorate.

In reply to Parmod Kumar

Re: Final Assignment

by Parmod Kumar -

In this assignment the work responsibilities and services provided in Flood Management –I directorate of Central Water Commission, Govt. of India are discussed. Flood Management –I directorate of CWC is involved in some of the most important tasks allocated to CWC y Min. of Water Resources River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Govt. of India. One of the important works that has been allotted to this directorate is techno-economic appraisal of flood management projects of all over India except in North East and projects allocated to Ganga Flood Control Commission. Further the monitoring of progress is regularly monitored by this directorate with the help of information from field formation of CWC, the financial and physical progress is monitored and kept up to date record for ready reference of the Govt. of India. Also this directorate is involved in work of some of the committees formed by Min of Water Resources, National Green Tribunal etc. to perform specific tasks. Also this office provides input to Bureau of India Standards (BIS) for preparation of standard codes of practice in relation to flood management works.

The second part of this document discusses the data required for the works done in this office and the limitations/improvements suggested for improving efficiency of work.

In reply to Parmod Kumar

Re: Final Assignment

by Dattakumar Chaskar -

Dear Parmodkumar,

Nice to see that you have completed the final assignment so early. However it is too early to submit it. It is not to be submitted through course forum. The drop-box for the assignment will be opened in the next week. 

In the mean time you can further improve the assignment and submit it next week. 

Best wishes.

Dattakumar Chaskar