status of stations in OSCAR

status of stations in OSCAR

by Martina Suaya -
Number of replies: 8

Good morning

We have been waiting for some weeks now to get the statistics from OSCAR about the assesed status of station. The last month assesed was August

For example: 

Is this going to be updated soon? And before october is publish so we don't loose that information

Thank you

Martina

In reply to Martina Suaya

Re: status of stations in OSCAR

by Cristina Prates -

Hi Martina,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have asked Amro, and it looks like the issue is on OSCAR's side. Please see below his reply.

Regards,

Cristina

" If I understand correctly, we are talking about the script that runs on a monthly basis to update station information. 

from the WDQMS side, I can see that the last update for September is available, you can double check any station of your interest from that URL 
So, if this is the case, then from the WDQMS side, everything is working fine. 

The above month is for September, October should be ready on the 1-5 of November "

In reply to Cristina Prates

by Amro Abouelenein -

Thanks, Cristina and Martina, 

The below URL can give the information on an individual station's status of affiliation and related data that is being passed for OSCAR

it takes month as param = 2023-9

and wigosid as param = xxxx

https://wdqms.wmo.int/wdqmsapi/v1/check_oscar_interface/?month=2023-9&wigosid=0-20000-0-10469

Please let me know if that helps,

Regards

Amro

In reply to Amro Abouelenein

by Lucia Cappelletti -

Dear Martina, Cristina, Amro

The script importing the assessed status failed to run this month.

It has been successfully executed a few meinutes ago. The assessed status for September is now available in OSCAR/Surface.

Kind regards

Lucia 

In reply to Amro Abouelenein

by Martina Suaya -
Thank you Amro and Cristina for checking on this matter

I confirm that the statistics are shown now.

Kind regards

Martina

by Martina Suaya -
Dear all, good morning

Could you check the statistics in OSCAR that hasn't been updated yet.

Operational Declared 2022-06-07
Operational Assessed 2022-06-01 2024-01-31

Thank you

Martina

by Mathieu Belbeoch -

Sorry I don't get exactly the problem, but please note our system has been down since early February as we are currently doing a major architecture transfer between two hosts. So I am not surprised to see no update in OSCAR since 31/01/2024 for ocean observing platforms.
Best regards,

Mathieu

by Timo Proescholdt -

Dear Martina,

thanks for reporting this.

The GBON status in OSCAR will be updated Wednesday next week. This issue is unrelated to the OceanOPS situation mentioned by Mathieu.

OSCAR can currently not fetch this information from WDQMS due to a bug. We have already detected this issue and solved it, and are currently waiting for the next maintenance window to deploy it. The issue is independent of the tech stack upgrade and related to an earlier change last year to use datetime instead of date to track changes to stations and part of the code not having been adjusted to this higher resolution.

kind regards,
Timo

In reply to Timo Proescholdt

by Martina Suaya -

Thank you Timo and Mathieu for checking on this issue

It's good newa that you have already found a fix to the bug

Best 

Martina