Participant Presentations (please send in advance)

Participant Presentations (please send in advance)

ParrishPatrick -
回帖数:2

Dear meeting participants,

I would like to once again remind you about the presentations we are asking from each of you in our meeting in Cairo next week. I would like to again provide some guidelines on preparing those, as well as some procedures for sending them to us in advance.

To accommodate our short schedule and large number of participants, the presentations should be very focused and less than 15 minutes. The structure of the presentation should address these questions:

• What are your key strengths as an institution? 
  • What are your best examples of collaboration with other training institutions? 
  • What can you offer (other) RTCs in RA-I?
  • How could you benefit from working with the (other) RTCs in RA-I?

These questions are focused on the goals of the meeting—specifically to identify opportunities for stronger collaboration between the RA-I RTCs and their collaborating partners.

In addition to Powerpoint slides (or another presentation format), please also provide a shorter summary of the key points of your presentation to facilitate the work of the rapporteurs. A template for this summary is being provide on the course website and attached here. This summary should probably be 1 or maximum 2 pages, not detailed description. Alternatively, you could simply provide the Note Pages from your Powerpoint slides, which each bullet associated with each slide, assuming you are using bullets.

I would like you ask that you prepare and send these (slides and summary) in advance, preferably this week. To send them, I have added a Forum to thetopic on the Moodle site in section 6: Presentations and materials by RTCs and Training Partners. Just click this link. To get to the home of the meeting site, go to https://etrp.wmo.int/course/view.php?id=178.

A link to the Summary Notes template is available in the same section, as well as attached. Please send both presentations and Summary Notes in advance.

Alternatively, you could email them to me as an attachment directly at pparrish@wmo.int.

I want to thank you all for your cooperation in making this a successful event.

Regards,

Patrick

回复ParrishPatrick

Re: Participant Presentations (please send in advance)

ParrishPatrick -

Dear all, 

We are looking forward to the meeting beginning on Monday. 

Four of you have shared presentations so far. You can share it easy by attaching it to a response to this email from the forum. 

I also wanted to remind you of the maximum length of 15 minutes. It is OK to share longer documents about you institution if you want to share, but there is too little time in the agenda for long history and description of your institution. We have been tasked us to achieve outcomes related to collaborative ventures, and there will not be enough time for extensive presentations from each participant. I want to emphasize this now and apologize in advance you exceed the time limit and are asked to stop your talk early. We will do our best to keep to a tight schedule. 

Here is the guidance I provided before regarding content and length:

• What are your key strengths as an institution? 
  • What are your best examples of collaboration with other training institutions? 
  • What can you offer (other) RTCs in RA-I?
  • How could you benefit from working with the (other) RTCs in RA-I?

These questions are focused on the goals of the meeting—specifically to identify opportunities for stronger collaboration between the RA-I RTCs and their collaborating partners.

In addition to Powerpoint slides (or another presentation format), please also provide a shorter summary of the key points of your presentation to facilitate the work of the rapporteurs. A template for this summary is being provided on the course website and attached here. This summary should probably be 1 or maximum 2 pages, not detailed description. Alternatively, you could simply provide the Note Pages from your Powerpoint slides, with the bullets associated with each slide, assuming you are using bullets.

I would like you ask that you prepare and send these BOTH (slides and summary) in advance, preferably this week. To send them, I have added a Forum to the topic on the Moodle site in section 6: Presentations and materials by RTCs and Training Partners. Just click this link. To get to the home of the meeting site, go to https://etrp.wmo.int/course/view.php?id=178.

A link to the Summary Notes template is available in the same section, as well as attached. Please send both presentations and Summary Notes in advance.

Best regards, 

Patrick