Course Forum

My Topic of Final Writing Assignment

My Topic of Final Writing Assignment

by Lalit Kumar Siyaniya -
Number of replies: 2

Respected Course Coordinator and members.

First of all my apologies for not posting the final writing topic in the course forum in time.

My topic is: Option B: The Dams and Dam Failure lesson showed statistics of dams (type and age) in the United States. Prepare a report that describes the dams in your area, the primary use of those dams, and the biggest challenges. If you are in an area where Glacial Lake Outburst Floods (GLOFs) are possible, does your knowledge of dam failure enhance your understanding or effect your ability to analyze GLOF's?

I will prepare a report on the Dams and Dam Failure lesson in the United States. And I will also prepare a report on some main dams situated in North India (viz States: Uttarakhand, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh etc.)

This is for your kind information and consideration.

with regards,

Lalit Kumar Siyaniya, NWDA, New Delhi

In reply to Lalit Kumar Siyaniya

Re: My Topic of Final Writing Assignment

by Dattakumar Chaskar -

Dear Mr. Siyania,

Thanks for your post giving the topic of your assignment.  You have said that you will prepare a report on the Dams and Dam Failure lesson in the United States. And also prepare a report on some main dams situated in North India (viz States: Uttarakhand, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh etc.)

I think, you should concentrate on  dams situated in North India only. The lessons of US dams was only for the learning purpose. You need not include a report on the same in your assignment. I am sure your assignment would be an interesting read. 

All the best.

Dattakumar