WDQMS STATUS - missing data

WDQMS STATUS - missing data

by Martina Suaya -
Number of replies: 4

Good morning,

We have seen problems during de las 4 days with WDQMS showing data.

This map shows Mondays 3/10/202 availability of surface pressure for all centers

While same map from last Wensday 28/9/2022

You can appreciate on the first map the lack of greens in some countries (Chile, Brasil)) and the abundance of black and reds (Chile, Uruguay, Brasil). Data is not missing as far as we can see.

We see that some centers weren't providing statistics since friday (NCE´P) but others centers didn't show any missing statistics on data base (ECMWF). 

Maybe we just need to wait some days for things to acomodate. So far we see problems since friday 1/10/2022.

Regards

Martina

RWC Argentina

In reply to Martina Suaya

Re: WDQMS STATUS - missing data

by Janette Calderón Suenzen -

Good morning, indeed, since October 1 there was a loss of information as a result of the fact that on September 30
 in Chile we tried to resolve the issue of sending bulletins because stations are duplicated, in the end one was allowed to be sent and for that reason they appeared in black. 
 Just yesterday after 18 UTC it was restored. However, we still do not know how to solve the problem of sending bulletins, 
one corresponds to BUFR and another to WIS
Regards
Janette
Chile

In reply to Janette Calderón Suenzen

by Martina Suaya -
Thank you very much Janette for notifying on your problems. We can follow this issue in particular with you. I will connect with you later.
Best
Martina
In reply to Martina Suaya

by Cristina Prates -

Dear Martina,

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. In fact,  format issues with NCEP files over the weekend prevented them from being uploaded to the system. You are correct to assume that they will be incorporated into the combined view as soon as they are available (option "all"). You must view the combined map as a live map that displays the results according to the database status at the moment of viewing. However, I discovered that ECMWF is also responsible for what you noticed. Not just in South America, but worldwide, we saw a dramatic decline in the number of observations from SYNOPs (mostly BUFR). The numbers are back to normal now, but I'm not yet aware of the cause. 

Regards,

Cristina

In reply to Cristina Prates

by Martina Suaya -

Thank you Cristina for your input. "Bad" days can happen to everyone

Fortunatelly things came back to normal

Best

Martina