Affiliation program

Affiliation program

by Kemal SEHBAJRAKTAREVIC -
Number of replies: 3

Hi... Question regarding RBON affiliation.... As a NFP of Bosnia and Herzegovina for OSCAR/surface I suppose to check the RBON affiliation of our station. There should be our station from previous RBCN and RBSN networks (and there was our 5 stations), but somehow there is 14 station in the OSCAR affiliated with RBON (now 9 additional stations from BiH entity Republic of Serbska ??? Affiliation status for these stations are "approved" and Declared status are "Operational". These additional 9 stations never been in RBCN/RBSN, and also they are not sending data to GTS at all. So my Question is how this happened, and how this was possible?

In reply to Kemal SEHBAJRAKTAREVIC

Re: Affiliation program

by Luis Filipe NUNES -

Dear Kemal,

In consultation with Meteoswiss, we find that 14 stations in Bosnia and Herzegovina were previously affiliated to RBSN/RBCN/CLIMAT in OSCAR/Surface. This is why they have been migrated to RBON.

We are available to discuss further details of this migration with you by email or by videoconference, anytime.

Thank you, kind regards,

Luis

In reply to Luis Filipe NUNES

by Kemal SEHBAJRAKTAREVIC -
Hi Luis...Nice to "hear" you after a while...
Problem is that these stations never been (at least officially) affiliated to RBSN nor RBCN (I was a NFP for both) ...also these stations never been exchange internationally ... so my question was: who set this "approved" status for the stations ??? Does anybody check what is claimed in OSCAR/Surface?

Regards..
In reply to Kemal SEHBAJRAKTAREVIC

by Luis Filipe NUNES -

Dear Kemal,

We are working with Meteoswiss to collect detailed information about the metadata records of the stations you mention.

We can discuss them together once we have those details available.

Kindly note that most of the 14 stations are declared for international exchange in OSCAR/Surface and some of them seem to be actually reporting data, according to the WDQMS webtool (https://wdqms.wmo.int/).

Regarding your last question, please allow me to remind that WMO Members are responsible to verify and correct/update, via their National Focal Points on OSCAR/Surface (or through their delegated contacts, e.g. metadata editors), the WIGOS metadata from all stations in their countries/territories.

Best regards,

Luis