new statations in OSCAR and WDQMS Availbility

new statations in OSCAR and WDQMS Availbility

by Martina Suaya -
Number of replies: 2

Good day

We have some issues in Availability in WDQMS showing black dots with new stations recently added to the system (GTS/WIS and OSCAR) . These stations are

0-858-0-A000000000000003 Atlantida

0-858-0-A000000000000001 Lavalleja

0-858-0-A000000000000002 San Jacinto

As far as we can see and check all mandatory fields in OSCAR are correct (status: operational, international exchange: yes, program ok, deployment ok)

Could you investigate?

Thank you

Martina

In reply to Martina Suaya

Re: new statations in OSCAR and WDQMS Availbility

by Cristina Prates -

Hi Martina,

Thank you for making us aware of this problem. Indeed, these new stations are not available on WDQMS. This is because the observations from these stations haven't been passed to the ECMWF  Data Assimilation (DA) System yet. Because they have WSI only (i.e., no previous 5-Digit WMO ID),  ECMWF will need to generate a fake ID so that internally, our DA system can handle this. This is done during the observation acquisition in a semi-automatic way, so I'm expecting it will soon be sorted. Only then, I can provide the statistics for these stations. And please bear in mind that at the moment, only ECMWF will be able to provide monitoring statistics for the WSI only IDs.

I'll keep an eye on the progress of this issue.

Thanks,

Cristina

In reply to Cristina Prates

Re: new statations in OSCAR and WDQMS Availbility

by Martina Suaya -

Hi Cristina, thank you very much for looking into this matter and the updates on Centers assimilating stations with only WSI.

We will wait for statistics from ECMWF when they're available.

Best regards

Martina