OSCAR Map of Slovenia Meteorological Network Preview

OSCAR Map of Slovenia Meteorological Network Preview

by Vesna Vidmar -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Timo,

we have successfully uploaded all of our operating stations. Web-Tool it is simple to use and makes this process much faster.

However, when we are on OSCAR/Surface official page and use zoom tool on the map, we have noticed, that after we zoom closer to Slovenia, more stations will show.

But e.g. in Austria or Switzerland, it shows the same density of meteorological net from the start.

So our network density, that is probably one of highest in Europe, is not noticed at all. Can you, please, explain to us? Do we need to make some fine tuning of our meteorological network map on our side?

Or is this managed inside OSCAR/Surface platform?

Thank you for clarification,

Vesna

In reply to Vesna Vidmar

Re: OSCAR Map of Slovenia Meteorological Network Preview

by Ran Zhang -
Dear Vesna,

Thank you for your support to the WebClient tool.

Regarding your question, I checked OSCAR/Surface. If search for "Slovenia", the results are shown as in the top screenshot, while if we zoom in, we get the results as in the screenshot at the bottom, which seems to me are in the same density. Could you please try again and if the density still changes with zooming, could you please share a screenshot so we could target the problem? Thank you.

Best regards,
Ran
In reply to Ran Zhang

by Vesna Vidmar -

Hi, Ran,

we have this problem when we look at map of ALL stations at are in Europe.

Example is in attachment. You can see how many stations are for example in Switzerland and only few stations are seen in Slovenia - definitely it is not showing all of the stations that we have uploaded.

So, my question is - do we need to do some fine tuning of OSCAR map or is that option only available on OSCAR/Surface Platform?

Thank you for your clarification and I wish you a good day,

Vesna

Attachment OSCAR-ZOOM-1.JPG
Attachment OSCAR-ZOOM.JPG
In reply to Vesna Vidmar

by Ran Zhang -

Hi Vesna,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that in both screenshots you attached, same number of stations are shown in the maps, both in Slovenia and other countries in Europe, and in Slovenia, those are definitely not all. I tried myself searching for stations in Europe, attached is what I got, from which we could see that all staions in Slovenia are shown by default, without zooming in. OSCAR/Surface is supposed to show all searched stations.

Our suggestion for you is to try to re-produce. Sometimes it takes some time to update the map (there's a cache), maybe you could also try to clear the cookies and produce again. Hope this would address the issue, and please let us know how it goes.

Thanks and have a nice day,
Ran