Webinar #17: Quality monitoring of surface observations in WDQMS (Part I - Monday 22nd June 2020, 12h UTC)

Webinar #17: Quality monitoring of surface observations in WDQMS (Part I - Monday 22nd June 2020, 12h UTC)

de Luis Filipe NUNES -
Número de respuestas: 1

Dear WIGOS community, 

We hope you and your loved ones are all safe and healthy.

We are pleased to announce that the next OSCAR/Surface and WDQMS related webinar will be held on Monday 22nd June 2020 at 12h UTC

The topic for this webinar is Quality monitoring of surface observations in WDQMS. This topic will be delivered in two parts, i.e. two Webinars:

- The first part, on Monday 22nd June, will have two presentations delivered by two speakers – Mr. Zulkarnain, from WMO Secretariat, will introduce quality monitoring of surface stations, the case of pressure observations and Ms. Cristina Prates, from ECMWF, will talk about how the quality results are produced by NWP monitoring centres, and the differences between them;

- the 2nd part is planned for Monday 20th July and it will be announced in due time.

The webinars related to OSCAR/Surface and WDQMS are organized each month for the duration of 1 hour. Each time there is one or more presentations, after which there is time for questions. Everyone can participate. The main language will be English, but webinars in other WMO languages can be organized on request.

We will much appreciate receiving any suggestions on new topics for the coming webinars, that you would like to discuss.

We will be using the WMO videconferencing tool BlueJeans, so participants are advised to connect a bit ahead of the official start to make sure they can connect without problems. Please use the following instructions to connect to the meeting.

To connect to the webinar, follow the following URLhttps://bluejeans.com/979649525

In case you want to join by phone, use one of the following numbers (https://www.bluejeans.com/premium-numbers) and use meeting ID:  979649525

I look forward to speaking to you all again, soon!

Luis

En respuesta a Luis Filipe NUNES

Re: Webinar #17: Quality monitoring of surface observations in WDQMS (Part I - Monday 22nd June 2020, 12h UTC)

de Ran Zhang -
Dear all,

the recording and materials of 17th webinar are now available. Thank you for your attendance. Please don't hesitate to post to the forum if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Ran