The mid-stream of CAP

The mid-stream of CAP

by Puji Pujiono -
Number of replies: 0

Consider that early warning business has the upperstream and downstream processes, so there is one part in the middle that pertains to disseminating and communicating the warning messages from the alert issuing authorities to the communities who need the warnings. This part is being entrusted to ITU.

My role as an expert in  International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in the CAP system is to  ensure effective dissemination and communication during emergencies. To that end, I help ITU  deliver its responsibility in developing and promoting standards for communication systems including a standardized format for exchanging emergency alerts and warnings.

As an expert in ITU, I could help empower and involve national telecommunication authorities and telecom digital service providers in developing countries because they have the expertise and infrastructure to facilitate the dissemination of emergency alerts and to leverage their networks and technologies through various communication channels such as SMS, voice calls, and mobile apps.

I also  consider that broadcasting corporations play crucial role because they have a direct connection with the public as they provide communication services to individuals and communities. By involving them in CAP their systems can be integrated with the alerting framework, enabling them to deliver timely and accurate warnings to their subscribers. Broadcasters also have a deep understanding of the local context, including language preferences, cultural sensitivities, and geographical challenges. Their involvement ensures that the CAP implementation is tailored to the specific needs and capabilities of the country, increasing the effectiveness of emergency communication.

By collaborating with national telecommunication authorities, telecom digital service providers, and broadcasting companies, I can help ITU ensure that CAP is implemented in a way that maximizes its reach and impact while also helps establish a robust and reliable communication infrastructure, ultimately saving lives and minimizing the impact of disasters on communities.

My role as an expert in  International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in the CAP system is to  ensure effective dissemination and communication during emergencies. To that end, I help ITU  deliver its responsibility in developing and promoting standards for communication systems including a standardized format for exchanging emergency alerts and warnings.

As an expert, I could ITU help empower and involve national telecommunication authorities and telecom digital service providers in developing countries because they have the expertise and infrastructure to facilitate the dissemination of emergency alerts and to leverage their networks and technologies through various communication channels such as SMS, voice calls, and mobile apps.

I also  consider that broadcasting corporations play crucial role because they have a direct connection with the public as they provide communication services to individuals and communities. By involving them in CAP their systems can be integrated with the alerting framework, enabling them to deliver timely and accurate warnings to their subscribers. Broadcasters also have a deep understanding of the local context, including language preferences, cultural sensitivities, and geographical challenges. Their involvement ensures that the CAP implementation is tailored to the specific needs and capabilities of the country, increasing the effectiveness of emergency communication.

By collaborating with national telecommunication authorities, telecom digital service providers, and broadcasting companies, I can help ITU ensure that CAP is implemented in a way that maximizes its reach and impact while also helps establish a robust and reliable communication infrastructure, ultimately saving lives and minimizing the impact of disasters on communities.