Who I am (Satyaban B Ratna)

Who I am (Satyaban B Ratna)

by Satyaban Bishoyi Ratna -
Number of replies: 0

I am a Scientist at the Climate Monitoring and Prediction Group, Climate Research and Services, India Meteorological Department, Pune, India since March 2021. I have a M.Sc degree in Oceanography (Berhampur University) and M.Tech. degree in Atmospheric Sciences (Andhra University). In 2009, I received my Ph.D. in Meteorology from the Department of Meteorology and Oceanography, Andhra University, India. My doctoral research was studying the Indian summer monsoon processes using mesoscale and regional climate models.

Since receiving my Ph.D, I have worked in various research organisations including Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), Pune, India (2008-2010), Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC), Yokohama, Japan (2010-2013, 2014-2017), Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC), Bologna, Italy (2013-2014), and Climatic Research Unit, School of Environmental Sciences-University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom (2017-2021).

My research interests are on climate variability and teleconnections, climate change, Asian summer monsoon, regional climate modelling and extreme weather events.

You can find more details about me in my website. https://www.satyabanbratna.com/