WDQMS - no match in OSCAR/Surface

WDQMS - no match in OSCAR/Surface

بواسطة - Sibylle von Löwis
عدد الردود: 4

Hello,

I'm updating our stations catalogue in OSCAR/Surface using the WDQMS webtool to check our entries. The map shows that the OSCAR/Surface entry is missing for station NWP-ID 04038 but this station is registered in OSCAR/Surface (https://oscar.wmo.int/surface/#/search/station/stationReportDetails/0-20000-0-04038).

What could be the reason for this mismatch?

My second question is if I can find somewhere a list of all stations on this map (https://wdqms.wmo.int/nwp/synop/six_hour/availability/temperature/all/2020-06-10/18) with the current status.

Kind regards,
Sibylle von Löwis

Icelandic Meteorological Office

رداً على Sibylle von Löwis

Re: WDQMS - no match in OSCAR/Surface

بواسطة - Cristina Prates

Dear Sibylle,

The reason for station NWP-ID 04038 not being linked to the respective OSCAR/Surface entry on WDQMS is due to the fact that the station is marked as closed in WDQMDS baseline of SYNOP stations extracted from OSCAR/Surface See below the example for pressure, but it's the same for the other variables (temperature, humidity and wind):

In:
https://oscar.wmo.int/surface/rest/api/search/station?variable=216&facilityType=seaFixed,lakeRiverFixed,lakeRiverMobile,landFixed,landMobile,landOnIce,airFixed
The metadata for this station is:
{"id":1928,"name":"EYRARBAKKI","region":"Europe","territory":"Iceland",

"declaredStatus":"Operational","latitude":63.8692,"longitude":-21.16018,"elevation":3,

"stationTypeName":"Land (fixed)","wigosStationIdentifiers":[{"wigosStationIdentifier":"0-20000-0-04038","primary":true}],

"stationTypeId":1,"dateEstablished":"1962-12-31T23:00:00.000+0000","dateClosed":"1962-12-31T23:00:00.000+0000",

"stationStatusCode":"operational","stationTypeCode":"landOceanSurface","stationProgramsDeclaredStatuses":"GOS:Operational"}

As it has a close date the algorithm considers  it a closed station. If this 'dateClosed' field is removed, this station would be added to WDQMS baseline as open the next time the algorithm checks for updates.

Regarding your second question, we are currently working towards the implementation of a download feature for each of the viewing maps. This will be available in the next release of the web tool before the end of June, all will be announced in the forum.

Regards,

Cristina Prates

رداً على Cristina Prates

Dear Cristina,

thank you very much. I have corrected the entry which had been there by mistake. I didn't see that.

Kind regards,
Sibylle
رداً على Sibylle von Löwis

بواسطة - Timo Proescholdt
Dear Sibylle,

this is to let you know that the latest release of the webtool (1.2.1) now has a feature that allows to download the list of stations. Please let us know if this is helpful for you.

best regards,
Timo
رداً على Timo Proescholdt

Dear Timo,

this new feature helps me a lot to update metadata of stations already registered in OSCAR but also to get a better overview over stations missing.
Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Sibylle