National Water Academy(NWA), Pune, WMO, and COMET are organizing a International Distance Learning Course in Advance Topics in Hydraulics, Hydrological Sciences and Hydrometeorology for RA-II for professionals working in hydrological forecasting and design flood analysis in Asian Region ( WMO RA II) , from 31 May - 16 July 2021.
This advanced course is designed to meet the needs of hydrological forecasters who require more advanced training in selected hydraulic and hydrological modeling topics. This course is especially for the participants that have successfully completed the Basic Course or who have requisite knowledge on the subject.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
* Understand distributed hydrological models for flow forecasting
* Have a basic understanding of methods and techniques used in ensemble stream-flow prediction
* Describe basic features of the dam failure modelling process
* Understand various aspects of tropical meteorology, including rainfall analysis and forecasting
* Understand Climate variability and Change
* Define key motivations and purposes of performing forecast verification